Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Congratulations Marillion!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, watch it. I named my first kid after that song. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still love that song, but then again, the only time I ever heard it was when I played "Misplaced Childhood". Now granted, I am on my 4th copy of that album, so it has had it's fair share of play. But it is different if it is being played because you want to hear it. I still listen to the album, but nowhere near as much as I once did, due to my wife falling in love with it and playing the heck out of it!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I still love that song, but then again, the only time I ever heard it was when I played "Misplaced Childhood". Now granted, I am on my 4th copy of that album, so it has had it's fair share of play. But it is different if it is being played because you want to hear it. I still listen to the album, but nowhere near as much as I once did, due to my wife falling in love with it and playing the heck out of it!

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still going with the school of thought that they only released that one song, Man of 1000 Faces. Nobody, as yet, has proven/shown any different. Therefore, imo, they were a kinda' catchy band that only released a single. Not unlike Candy Apple Queenz, actually. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll try to finish it up this weekend. Sheesh, cry me a river. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Seriously, I did have it all done at one point. Every CD in MP3 form on my computer ready to be burned off for you. Then I lost my hard drive. Then I started again, and I lost the second HD.

    This time I will get you a bunch of the tunes, and I have a bunch of other cool stuff for you. Trust me, when you do finally get this stuff, you will be busy for quite sometime and you will know everything there is to know about this band. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Good or bad, you will have no questions when you are done.

    Early Marillion, BTW, sounds NOTHING like "Man Of A 1000 Faces". Honestly, nothing they ever did sounds like that song.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep, Man of 1000 Faces was the only song they ever released. Billion Dollar Lovers have written/recorded more tunes than Marillion. 'Til I see otherwise, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Early Marillion, BTW, sounds NOTHING like "Man Of A 1000 Faces". Honestly, nothing they ever did sounds like that song.[/QB]
    <font size="3" face="Arial">There's a reason, Carl. BECAUSE PURE SILENCE AND NOTHINGNESS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A SONG THAT HAS BEEN RELEASED!!! FACTS!!! lmmfao [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sikkly's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL! I only dislike that tune so much because it was just flogged TO DEATH over here in the UK, surely they made more songs!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •